DUI / OUI
Lowell DUI Defense Attorney
Many Massachusetts cities and towns vigorously enforce the state’s operating under the influence laws. OUI charges, often referred to as DUI or DWI offenses, are highly complex. Being arrested for a DUI can be an intimidating experience, and most drivers have many questions and concerns about the future. If you are accused of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it is vital that as soon as possible you hire a DUI lawyer knowledgeable in the various ways that you can defend your case.
Ryan Sullivan prosecuted many DUI cases as an assistant district attorney in the Lowell, Woburn, Marlborough, Malden, and Cambridge District Courts as well as the Middlesex Superior Court. Now as a criminal defense lawyer, Mr. Sullivan draws on that experience to zealously defend individuals accused of driving while under the influence in Massachusetts. If you or a loved one is charged with a DUI, call to schedule a free consultation in our conveniently located office in Lowell, MA.
An Experienced Lowell DUI Defense Attorney who can see Your Case From Both Sides
As a former assistant DA, Mr. Sullivan knows that there is no one-size-fits-all defense to drunk driving charges. Each case is approached with a unique strategy fit to the specific facts of the case. Mr. Sullivan knows that looking at a case from all sides is invaluable to deciding a winning strategy. He is driven to work harder than the prosecutor in analyzing all of the details of a DUI, will fight aggressively for the most favorable outcome in every case, and has a history of achieving results.
A Lowell DUI Lawyer That can Handle any Case
- First-time offenses: A first-offense OUI/DUI charge is a serious matter. First-time drunk driving charges in Massachusetts are far more than glorified traffic offenses. License suspension, mandatory programs, increase in insurance, significant penalties — these are just some of the consequences that can result from a first offense.
- Repeat OUI/DUI offenses: A charge for an OUI second offense or more increases the potential for jail or prison time. In addition to longer license suspensions, required ignition interlock devices, inpatient treatment, and mandatory jail time, having a subsequent offense carries with it serious penalties that could even result in a felony conviction.
- Loss of driving privileges: While significant fines and potential jail time are often concerns in OUI cases, the adverse impact on your privilege to drive is often a vital concern. From months long suspensions to lifetime revocation of your right to drive, the consequences for a DUI are severe in Massachusetts.
- Breath test refusal in Massachusetts: Although your chances of success in your case may be better if you refuse to take a breath test, there are significant periods of license suspensions for refusal to take the test. Having a six month, three year, or greater license suspension can result in an incredible hardship. A skilled DUI lawyer can guide you through your options.
Get in Touch With an Experienced Lowell OUI Defense Lawyer
Reaching out to a qualified DUI defense lawyer as soon as possible after an arrest is vital to making the right decisions on how to proceed. Call Ryan P. Sullivan at (617) 997-7597 or contact us online today to schedule your free consultation.
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Schedule a Confidential Evaluation
- 3 We Will Fight for You